A couple weeks ago Braxton and I headed up north to Page! I have lived in Arizona my entire life and haven’t been to Antelope Canyon or Horseshoe Bend(a later post). It was amazing, but I didn’t realize how far it was from Phoenix till that morning when I mapped it out, haha. I learned a few things on this trip so I thought I would share them with you. 🙂
- If you are driving up from Phoenix its eight hours roundtrip, so get some road trip snacks. I felt like it wasn’t too bad of a drive because it was so scenic! Seriously a great day trip if you have no plans one Saturday!
- There is an upper and lower canyon. Some of our friends did both and told us that it was basically the same and cheaper to do the lower canyon which is why we did the lower canyon. If you want you can still do both or head over to Horseshoe Bend like we did!
- You can reserve your tickets online, we used Dixie Ellis and they were great! I think we paid between $25 to $30 per ticket?? I felt like it was well worth the 1.5 hour tour, our guide was great! He pointed out all of the faces and figures the canyon made.
- IF you are considering recording and posting any where public you HAVE to buy a media pass. They told us the Canyon was copyrighted (I didn’t know you could copyright mother nature??). But I think it mostly has to do with it being tribal land and since it is their land they do have the right to it which is totally fine, just get the pass. (Side note: you can record and post only 7 seconds of the canyon if you wanted to without a license)
- Make sure you wear great shoes and bring water, but use the restroom before you start the tour!
- Our tour guide told us it does get busy during the summer/hotter months. Its best to wait for the slower season if you are trying to avoid lines. It took us about 20 mins to get into the canyon, they also said this was very fast!
- Lastly, make sure you are respectful to the land and the tour guides. It has been formed over millions of years and should be treated well for future generations. The tour guides are all awesome and our really made our experience amazing, don’t forget to tip them.
Hope you all get to see this one day!
With Love, Elizabeth Ashley