After a workout or a substitute for breakfast I love this protein smoothie! I’m usually not too big of a fan of the taste of protein shakes but I can more than stomach this baby! (Also, if you’re gluten free, you’re in luck!)
Combine in the blender:
- 1 cup frozen fruit medley
- 1/2 cup of the frozen pitaya/dragonfruit mix
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk & 1/2 cup of orange juice (I already combined them in the picture)
- 1/4 cup of Fage Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- about a cup of ice (I found this gives it the best consistency)
Pro Tip: Use one cup of coconut milk instead of yogurt to keep it dairy free. I personally like the added protein the Greek yogurt gives.
Since I am gluten free I can’t eat a lot of protein powders and a lot of the gluten free powders just don’t taste right. In my opinion this is one of the best. Its also soy and dairy free. If you’re interested you can buy it here.
With Love, Elizabeth Ashley